On behalf of the leaders and members of Oyo Global Forum, we are pleased to congratulate Senator Teslim Folarin and Hon. Akeem Adeyemi on their victories in the 23 February 2019 National Assembly elections to represent Oyo Central Senatorial District and Oyo Federal Constituency, respectively.
- We are optimistic that their experiences would help position them in the federal legislature to effectively represent our people and pursue the goals we prize as a community.
- We also wish to state our readiness to collaborate with Sen. Folarin and Hon. Adeyemi in terms of public engagements, legislative agenda setting and matters concerning constituency projects so that their programmes would be people-focused and need-based.
- We wish to restate our non-partisan posture and that we shall continue to play interceding role between our people and the authourities.
- We take pleasure in the conduct of our people during the presidential and National Assembly elections. Our people displayed the values we cherish and wish to entrench in our community: peace and dignifying behaviour. It is indeed relieving that pockets of violence long before and close to the elections did not characterise the polling exercise in Oyo. We urge our people to continue to demonstrate these values again in the next elections and beyond.
- We also commend the conducts of our esteemed community members who competed against Sen. Folarin and Hon Adeyemi and appeal to them continue to work towards the improvement of our community.
Taiwo Hassan Adebayo, General Secretary,
For and behalf of the EXCO.